Pregnancy Checklist: Your First Trimester To-Dos
Pregnancy can feel like a long time, but there's a lot to do in the coming months. Here's what to tackle during your first trimester.
We have included third party products to help you navigate and enjoy life’s biggest moments. Purchases made through links on this page may earn us a commission.
You have a baby on the way—yay! As thrilling as that news is, it’s also easy to feel overwhelmed with everything you have to do and think about during pregnancy. Don’t freak out. Use this sanity-saving pregnancy checklist to track your first trimester to-dos.
- Take a pregnancy test
- Tell your partner the good news
- Find an ob-gyn or other prenatal care provider
- Schedule your first prenatal checkup
- Check your health insurance policy to see what prenatal and childbirth care is covered
- Figure out how pregnancy, baby and maternity leave will affect your finances
- Create a savings plan for your child’s future expenses and education; companies like Stash can help you set up a custodial account
- Estimate how much raising a baby will cost and start saving accordingly
- Go to your first prenatal checkup (right around week 8)
- Talk to your doctor about any prenatal testing you should (or want) to get
- Consider doing a First Trimester Screening to determine the risk of any chromosomal abnormalities in baby (between weeks 11 and 14)
- Complete your nuchal translucency screening (between weeks 10 and 12)
- If you’ve been planning to change your last name before baby is born, now is a good time; companies like HitchSwitch can help make the process stress-free
- Go to your next doctor’s appointment
Plus, more from The Bump: